Saturday, September 22, 2007

Top Linked SEO's in Greater Detroit Area

I found something interesting today on Google. I currently hold the title of second toped linked SEO in the Greater Detroit Area.

Top Linked SEOs in Greater Detroit Area
2, Kim Hayward, 107, 0, SEO Marketing Manager at Plexus Systems, Inc. Greater Detroit Area. 3, Jeff Raab, 102, 5, Founder & CEO, DealerDex.com

So of course when you find something like this you have to go on a little search to find out who is holding that number one position. I found that he is Andrew Miller of the Greater Detroit Area a Search Engine Marketing Consultant.

So what is a SEO? I spend hours scouring the web looking for a way to improve http://www.plex.com/ listings on the search engines. (Google, Yahoo, MSN) Some of my time is spent managing multi- million dollar budget in Paid Placement Advertisement on those same search engines.

Yet, the majority of my time is spent optimizing pages and content to rank high in the organic or sometimes called the natural search results. Organic/Natural search results allow traffic to reach you at no cost to the company, so that multi-million dollar budget is never spent.

To do that you have to know what is being published about the subject that is being promoted to the search engines. Often the fact that something is being published is not passed on to a person that does the SEO of a company. Tools like netvibes are setup and become a wonderful SEO tool.

Everything I do is created with one end result in mind, increasing the traffic to Plexus Online. My goal is to reach all of the companies in the Manufacturing Industry searching for new software.

I guess the need to provide an explanation of SEO comes from two different emails I received this week. Jerry Foster asking me the question; “How did you find that?” When I published an article from BrentOzar.com. So the short answer Jerry is “Netvibes.com”.

The other email was from Todd Gillissie, Developer, at Plexus Systems and independent game publisher, his latest release is "Shady O'Grady's Rising Star”. Todd, felt more credit should be given to authors of a post on this blog, more so than just the "read more: link. If you jump back up a couple of paragraphs you’ll find the answer to that issue. The paragraph starts with “Everything”. If the "read more" link is not there at the end of an article then it's me.

No comments: