Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Who am I and what am I doing?


I'm Kim Hayward, and I've been working at Plexus Systems, Inc. for 9 years. I'm an "Plexus Online Evangelist". My job is to increase the visibility of Plexus Online on the web.

Based out of Auburn Hills, Michigan, I work closely with our global customer base to arrange communications, new and old. My broader mission is to reach the manufacturers of the world and let them know about Plexus Online as a software solution. The software engineers here at Plexus Systems, Inc. have built the first intergraded SaaS application for the manufacturing industry. Plexus employees have collectively built an amazing online manufacturing software system and that's one of the main reasons for my blogging … to reach a broad audience.

My background before coming to Plexus Systems, Inc. was quite varied. Let’s see... I’ve worked in nursing, (obgyn) on the street, (EMT) business owner, (country decor) stay at home mom (two fantastic children), marketing, (fastener mfg) advertising, (full service) plastics (injection molding) and retail (yes, Kmart). While working in a Doctor’s office we implemented a new medical software system and that was all it took for me to know what industry I wanted to work in. As a Plexus Online evangelist, I'm focused on "The Latest Plexus News", whatever that might be.

I work with a lot of really smart people … if you have questions about Plexus Online, please communicate with us on my blog. We're focused on providing highly-effective software solutions for manufacturing companies. Plexus Online is the online business intelligence system for the following industries: Automotive Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense, Industrial Manufacturing, Medical Devices, Discrete Manufacturing, Complex Manufacturing, Stamping, Forging, Metalforming, Injection Molding, Plastics, Steel Processing, Assemblies and others.

Please let us know what issues you face and the things you care about.

No comments: